Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sermon Series on Joseph

Happy New Year! As our church left 2007 behind and looking forward to the joys of 2008, I was really stumped on what to preach for the first sermon of the new year. This was because we are getting ready to relocate our ministry at the end of this month, and I really want to save that message for our initial service in the new building. So I have been interested in doing a study on the life of Joseph for my own private devotion, and I was led to look at a period in Joseph's life that seemed to mirror the life of our church at this present time, in dealing with the thought of benefits of the promotion of God.

But I found out something exciting, when I was doing my work on Genesis 39, I discovered that I could not do an exposition on chapter 39 without telling the rest of the promotion story. So I was led to preach a series entitled When God Promotes. We began this series at Genesis 39 which I tagged the Secret to Success. Here is the sermon outline:

Title: Secret to Success
Text: Genesis 39:1-6

Thesis: Man's ability to succeed in this world is the direct result of the favor that God has on our lives

I. Condition Does Not Determine Your Personality
-verse 1
-slavery does not determine who you are

II. Condition Does Not Determine Your Potential
-verse 4
-slavery does not determine where your destiny is

III. Condition Does Not Determine Your Productivity
-verse 5
-slavery does not determine what you will be able to accomplish
-verses

No comments: