Saturday, December 27, 2008

End of Year Message

We have finally made it to the last Lord's Day of 2008, and I can honestly say that this has been one of the most interesting years that I have ever experienced as a Pastor. I will reserve an assessment of 2008 post hopefully for New Year's Eve. As our church heads towards our new destination, I asked the Lord to lead me fully in what to say to the church regarding the future of our ministry.

God led me to prepare a message housed in Genesis 12, which I will label the message "Courage For the Call". My aim for this message is to express to the church how God is expecting us to respond to his directive of leaving our familiar territory and move towards a place that will be both foreign and difficult, but God is the great equalizer in any and every situation that possess tough and difficult terrain. As a matter of fact, I subscribe to that great songwriter who said, have you any river that seems uncrossable, and have you any mountain that you cannot tunnel through...God specializes in things that appear impossible...and HE WILL DO, what no other power can do.

Please keep the exposition of the Word, the reception of church and the fullness of the worship at the First Mount Zion Church this morning. I am praying that God will allow us to send off 2008 with a bang and begin the process of welcoming in 2009 with great anticipation that God is ready, willing and able to bring a wonderful new start to the rich legacy of our church. God Be Praised!!!

4 comments:

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

I know you preached it Revun!!

Rev.Aaron Holcombe said...

I pray you have a blessed and happy new year in your personal life and also in your ministry for the Lord.

Ronald said...

Pastor, I will continue praying for you and your congregation and everything concerning you and yours. Happy Holidays & New Year.

Ron

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

Preacher,

Preaching like that has made me want to join this church through your internet ministry as a member under watchcare,

Keep running,

Owens