Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Living Bread

We continued our series on the 7 I AM's of Jesus Christ this past Sunday during our 10:00 AM worship service as we looked at the first I AM that our Lord's Gospel According to John records in John 5:35-40 when Jesus says that I AM the bread of life, whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. We dealt with the fact that the Jews challenges Jesus to provide them manna from heaven just as Moses did in the wilderness. Jesus replies to them that manna is not a food but it is a person, the same person who provides life to humanity. His name is Jesus. For he is our living bread. Here is the sermon outline, I pray that it is as much a blessing to you as it was to our church.

Thesis: Jesus Christ is the universal and fundamental source that sustains us day by day in our spiritual lives.

I. Desires Will Be Satisfied - verse 35

II. Destiny Will Be Secured - verse 37

III. Deity's Will is Supreme - verses 38-40

a. Origin of His Will - verse 38
b. Objective of His Will - verse 39
c. Outcome of His Will - verse 40

No comments: