Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mid-Week Musings

- Congrats to the best player in the NBA, Kobe Bryant of MY LA Lakers for finally winning the Most Valuable Player Award. Let me say right off the bat that I am probably the biggest Kobe and Laker fan this side of the Mississippi, and as a fan of both I have never been more proud of my favorite player from my favorite team since the glory days of Magic Johnson.

-Kobe has been through a lot the last 5-6 years, admittedly mostly self-inflicted, however as a child of God I find it terrible that people in this country have a difficult time with this thing called forgiveness. They all want it when the trouble is in their house, but are slow to give it when it's somebody else. Kudos Kobe! You have proven what a man can do when given another chance, for not only did you fix your professional career, but most importantly, you fixed your house. God Bless and bring a title back to Showtime.

- On yesterday, I received an awesome invitation to be a guest contributor for our state newspaper named The Star-Ledger for their web blog. They read my blog and asked my to be a contributor. I am humbled by the fact that the Lord keeps extending the hand of grace into my life and ministry that opens doors that I would have never anticipated being opened before. To God Be The Glory!

7 comments:

Ed Johnson III said...

Congratulations on being a guest contributor in the Star. I pray that God will continue to open doors for you to be able to represent Jesus.

Ed Johnson III said...

Oh yeah, and I like the new look. Keep it up, my brother.

H.B. Charles Jr. said...

Congratulations on the opportunity to write for your local paper. Wow! What an opportunity!

Chris Paul should have won the MVP!!!

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Brother...this is great!!! First off...we give it up to Kobe, who is also my favorite player, though Avery Johnson is my favorite coach. We DO have an issue with forgiveness in this country and world. But I praise God for the opportunity the Lord has provided. I am praying for you!!!

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Thank you brothers for your well wishes and encouragement. I am so honored to have the Lord continue opening doors for me.

HB,Chris Paul had a great season, but Kobe really should be a 3-time winner. Maybe next year.

Unknown said...

Pastor Mann,God's blessings be upon you. The Lord is really blessing your ministry, and yes brother I read your blog weekly. It is a great encouragement to a struggling preacher such as myself.

Keep up the good work brother.

We are praying with you Be Encouraged!

Tony R.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on writing for the paper. I'm happy to hear about it. May the Lord continue to use you and lead you towards other writing opportunities.