Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sunday Stuff

Great day this past Lord's day at FMZBC! I am amazed at how the Lord will answer prayers when the people get together to ask Him for a change. God is totally giving our church a brand new atmosphere that is conducive for worship and provides and inviting place for new converts to come and be apart.

I truly believe that God will not send people to your church if the atmosphere is not set right. I am not complaining nor talking down my church, I am just stating the obvious...that God is going to honor our requests when we begin to possess His Spirit within the fabric of our church.

I had a heavy spirit on me all day Saturday and I couldn't understand why. It wasn't until my older brother walked into the sanctuary that god revealed it to me. My brother Leonard is dealing with some real personal issues that have brought about a real sense of depression in his life, and when he walked in, I realized that he was in a bad place mentally, emotionally and spiritually. The Lord led me to lead the congregation in that great Dwayne Woods song, Let Go, Let God Have His Way. I literally saw the load lift off of my brother so that he would be free to give all of his issues to the Lord and leave them there. Please pray for my Momma's oldest son, he really needs it.

I continued our series on the Beatitudes entitled Developing Christian Character with the first principle that Jesus gives to us on how to walk and act with the character of a follower of Jesus Christ, with an exposition on Matthew 5:3...blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven, which I labeled A Humble Spirit.

Being poor in spirit does not mean to be poor spirited, it does not mean to have no backbone, it does not even mean as Catholic priests profess, that God wants his servants to take on a vow of poverty. This verse literally means to possess a spirit of humility. God does not want his people to exhibit arrogance, but instead in order to be great in God, we must all possess a spirit of humility, which suggests that we must be willing to look at ourselves and see that we fall terribly short of the personage of God. That will cause us to have a humble spirit.

4 comments:

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Glad to know you are reaping the benefits of persistent prayer and faithful obedience to God's Word. Continue to strive for the masteries.

Ronald said...

Keep praying and there is no telling what God is going to do in your midst.

Pray for and with you,
Ron

Clinton Smith said...

Stay on the wall brother. God is in control of everything.

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

God be praised for the great things He has done. I believe by faith what He is able and will do. I have been to the place where your brother is now. I didn't know how I got there, or who was humanly responsible for my arrival. It is a real place of dismay and despair. I am a living witness, though blinded and couldn't find my way out. God came and rescued me just in time. Hallelujah!! I WILL be prayerful for him, like those who prayed for me. Take care.

Mother