Thursday, April 9, 2009

Preaching @ Friendship Baptist Church, Corpus Christi, TX

On yesterday, I had the express pleasure of preaching at the Friendship Baptist Church, Corpus Christi, TX where my blogging and adopted brother Kevin Pullam serves as the Pastor for their AWE 2009 Revival. All I can say is that the entire Pullam family know how to host a preacher. They made me feel like a son/brother from the moment I stepped off of the airplane on Tuesday.

Momma V was so happy and proud to have her new son in town that I don't know who was more happy to be there me or her. She introduced me to everybody that she saw, and made them call me her son. It was good to see her happy. Pops Pullam is a Pastor's Pastor. His presence and wisdom is something that I will cherish, as he was a blessing to me in both advice and presence.

Kevin was an outstanding host, who made certain that I didn't want for anything while I was there. His vision for this revival was evident in the excellent manner that the revival was promoted and the Friendship Church opened their arms to me to make me feel extremely welcomed. What I didn't know was that Kevin Pullam is a Pastor with many gifts. He sang I Won't Complain during the invitation and he flat out killed everything in the house. And to top it off, he got on the keyboard and played during the benediction. Wow what a gifted man of God. His wife Latonya and their children were very hospitible as well.

Kraig Pullam made the 3 1/2 hour trip from Houston down to Corpus Christi to come and fellowship with me, he too is a gifted preacher who is doing a great job at the Cornerstone Church there in Houston, please keep them in your prayers as they are headed towards a great new move in their ministry.

I also had the pleasure of meeting a great preacher and Pastor, Arthur Lane, of the St. Matthew Baptist Church and he has a powerful ministry and historic congregation there in Corpus Christi. I am greatly looking forward to this developing friendship and fellowship between Lane and myself.

The Lord really blessed the exposition of the Word, as I dealt with a message from my series on the book of Ezra, chapter 9 entitled A Prayer For Revival. Please keep the rest of the revival in your prayers, as they have Dr. Ralph West coming next week, and Pastor Kraig Pullam the week after.


5 comments:

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

Sounds like a great time in the Lord was shared by all and the record is Corpus Christi, TX knows beyond a shadow of a doubter that Lance Mann is a preacher.

Owens

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

There are no words to express the experience of having you here with us in Texas. It sadden me to see you wave goodbye and board the plane this afternoon. I am not surprised, but I'm speechless of the caliber of preacher you are, and the preaching you did at the revival. I could have listened to you "rightly divide" and sho nuff sing all night. You did an AWESOME job. Pops and I were beaming with pride of our son and how you allowed God to use you. YES, YOU ARE A PREACHER!! No doubt about it. It warmed my heart how you publicly esteem me as Mother. I know your affection for me is genuine as mine, Pops, Kevin, Keith, and Kraig's is for you. I can hardly wait to see you again. I continue to look forward to meeting Penny in the future. Take care Pastor Lance. Love you. Mother

Desiree reese said...

Pastor Mann,
It was such a priviledge as well as a pleasure to be in the midst as you shared your convictions of the gospel of Christ. You truly lived up to be the great preacher, I was told you were. The sermon blessed me tremendously. I can also say it always does my heart good to meet someone from the city I know to be home. Our conversation was so heartfelt, makes me think of all the good things I remember about home. I am always happy to meet someone who was acquainted with my dad. I look forward to visit your church when I come home this summer. Continue to let the LORD use you. Hopefully there will be a chance for you to return to Corpus Christi.

In Christ,

Desiree Reese

Pastor W.L. Pullam said...

We are still rejoicing in Corpus Christi. You were a blessing to us in many ways. The word, the fellowship, etc. was totally a blessing from God. We look forward to many years of continued family and fellowship. Corpus Christi (whose name means 'the body of Christ') will never be the same again since we have been hit by the "Lance Mann" storm .. lol.
God bless you son.
Pops Pullam

Anonymous said...

Hello Lance please give me a call I need u!! HQ 980.219.8260