Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunday Stuff

I was not in the pulpit at the First Mount Zion Church last Sunday, as I had the expressed pleasure of preaching for Bishop John Vaughan and the Calvary Christian Fellowship Ministries, in Ewing, NJ, so I was extremely excited to preach to the wonderful people that the Lord has given me stewardship over.

Our early morning prayer was really great because we are really expecting something great from the Lord in the next few weeks regarding our new location. I could feel the prayers of the people going out and we are anticipating the Lord answering every one of our prayers.

Penny did another powerful job in teaching our Sunday School class, as she is leading them back to the basics which I desire to be taught to our congregation as we prepare for the next phase of ministry. She concluded her teaching series on how to study the Word of God, with a lesson on identifying the context of a specific passage of scripture. The congregation were active participants once again as they have become excited about the lessons week by week.

Our worship leader Jamal led the congregation in a great mixture of hymns and quartet songs (which is starting to grow on me a little) and they were completely into the worship in songs. I then led them in singing one of the favorite hymns from my childhood, "This May Be My Last Time" which we transitioned into "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah, Since I Laid My Burdens Down". I had a ball with the Music Ministry.

We continued our preaching series on the Beatitudes which is entitled Developing Christian Character, with an exposition on Matthew 5:6, Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be satisfied, which I labeled Satisfaction Guaranteed. The first three principles found in the Beatitudes lists what man needs to walk as a Christian, but the fourth principle gives man a solution to that which has inhibited them from walking as a Christian ought. For in order to walk as a Christian ought, man must come to the understanding that we have an obligation to live our lives inside of the Will of God.

After worship, the weather in New Jersey was outstanding, so Penny and I came home, changed clothes, and went to dinner to enjoy the rest of the day. God Be Praised!!!!

5 comments:

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

Doc,

As usual good stuff coming from you but I have come to expect nothing less. It will be good to bother you this upcoming football season. I guess great pastor/preacher and brother is enough, can't have the right football team too, lol, that would be showing off.

Keep running,

Owens

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Powerful preaching!

Ronald said...

That's why they call him Dr. Lance A. Mann. Thank you for sharing with us mere mortals how ministry is suppose to be done. Keep going in the direction you are growing and God will use you beyond your wildest dreams.

Good stuff, brother.
Ron

Clinton Smith said...

Seems like a good day for you, sir. keep it pushing

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

Remember Me? I will be posting something soon. I am begining to miss my blog family. Love you Pastor.

Mother