Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Peace in the Midst of Conflict

I failed to post my outline from two weeks ago, so I am posting it now!

Text: Matthew 5:9

Thesis: God blesses those who expresses a desire to calm the troubled waters with a lofted position in the His family of the faithful

I. Peacemakers Embrace the Cross

-peacemakers are those who have accepted the absolute necessity of the cross into their lives
-peacemakers know in their hearts that Jesus' cross was really their cross...and because of their sins against God, it should have been them hanging between two thieves and not Jesus
-this mindset enables children of God to live a life that will not look to retaliate when attacked

II. Peacemakers Encourage Communication

-peacemakers are willing to build bridges and break down barriers when burned by conflict
-peacemakers are never passive about reaching out to those they are in conflict with seeking a resolution to every problem
-peacemakers take the initiative to restore broken relationships

III. Peacemakers Extend the Hand of Cooperation

-peacemakers are willing to promote unity and talk not in divisive terms of US and THEM, but rather of WE
-peacemakers look past silly differences to make us all united in Jesus Christ

2 comments:

Ronald said...

My, My, My ...etc. Good look Dr. Mann

Fitts said...

My brother, I see you still knockn out the park... This is some good stuff!

Stay at it Mann, your gifted.

DeAntwan