Saturday, June 21, 2008

Quick Hits

-I am presently in my favorite city to travel to in this country, Chicago, IL where I will be blessed to preach in the morning for my friend Pastor Keith McGhee and the Messiah Temple Baptist Church for their 43rd Church Anniversary Celebration. I will be preaching during their 8 AM worship and have the joy of fellowshipping with one of my real good friends Pastor Romell Williams of the Lilydale Progressive Church as he preaches the 11 AM worship service. Pastors McGhee and Williams have always been great friends and brothers to me whenever we are in fellowship with each other, as we enjoy sitting around and discuss sermons and doctrine and church growth. Having friends like those are vital if Pastors are going to stay on the course that the Lord has charted for us, because it is true, iron sharpens iron (thanks Marvin Wiley). I am really nervous about the approaching preaching hour, but I am also excited each and every time I am afforted the honor to share my convictions about Jesus Christ. Please keep me in prayer and keep Messiah Temple's Celebration in your prayers.

-Please keep my friend and brother Pastor Keith Witherspoon and his entire family in your prayers as they must deal with the hurt and grief of the lost of his only Auntie Di Witherspoon. She was a great soul who always made me laugh whenever I was in her presence. I will miss seeing her when I travel to Northwest Indiana, but I do know that God has her wrapped in his loving arms for eternity. Spoon needs our prayers as he as the priest of his family, must preach the homegoing celebration, but I know that God will give him all of the strength that he needs to stand and deliver a word of encouragement and hope to his family. Bless you my friend.

6 comments:

Derrick T. Jones said...

pastor mann, i know you are going to do your thang in chi-town tomorrow...preach, preacher, preach!

Anonymous said...

Pastor Lance I will be in sincere prayer for you at the preaching hour on tomorrow morning. I know the service will be blessed by what God will speak through you.

I will also be in prayer for the bereaved family. May God give strength to Pastor Witherspoon to preach the homegoing celebration of his Aunt.

Anonymous said...

I heard a tornado name Mann blew through Chicago today. God bless your ministry.

Anonymous said...

Pastor Mann, I hope all went well in Chi-town. Blessings!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Revun Mann!! I really appreciate you posting the prayer request for my family. Everyone says "Hi" and they are mad with you for being so close and not stopping by and Grandma said that she doesn't want any excuses!!! You know what that means!!

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Your apparant humility and modesty is inspiring and so authentic. The fact that a one with such preaching prowess who has been preaching for years now--still gets nervous is refreshing, to say the least. I know that the Lord used you in a great way. Continue to 'stir up the gift' that God has given you. You are a dynamic preacher and proclaimer of God's word. Glad to call you a new friend in Christ.