Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday Stuff

-Tomorrow I am beginning a new series on the Lord's Prayer found in the Gospel According to Matthew 6:5-13 which I am tagging this series God's Blueprint For A Prayer-Filled Life. In this season of excellence at our church, all of the preaching that the Lord has led me to present to our church this entire year has been on the common theme of getting our church to change the atmosphere from one of feeling second class to one of exhibiting an excellent attitude of service to the Lord Jesus Christ. Tomorrow we will be looking at verses 5-8 as the Lord lays the foundation for being a people of prayer before he gives us the blueprint on how to get there. I am excited and hopeful that the Lord will give me the strength to deliver this initial message of the series in the manner that he has given it to me. Please pray for both the series, the presenter and the people, that God will be praised and we will seek a change of our current condition.

-Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers in this world. This day has traditionally been bittersweet for me. My own father died when I was 5 years old, and I have been without him for the last 30 years, which I still feel is real tough for me. It is also the weekend that I married my wonderful wife Penny 8 years ago on June 17. I have 4 of the best sons that any man could ever ask for. Tory is a college graduate and doing very well working for Cablevision, Tony just finished his freshman year at Rutgers University and is taking this summer traveling throughout Northern California with friends and he has a great first year, Marquis just got promoted to the 10th grade and Devante is in the 8th grade. So I could not be more happier as a father than I am now.

-Tomorrow might also be the end of the road for my Lakers and Kobe Bryant. It will hurt if we lose, but it will be almost unbearable if it is the Celtics that beat us. But I am hopeful that we can make history and be the first team to come back from being down 3-1. As long as we have Kobe and Phil Jackson, there is always a chance to make history. We'll See!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Pastor Lance.

LJ

Anonymous said...

Be encouraged Pastor Man the Lord a good work through you both in your ministry and in your family. Happy anniversary and fathers day.

Be Encouraged My Friend!


Pastor Rhone

Rev. F. D. Harris Blog said...

Happy Father's Day my brotha. Also, I am believing a miracle will take place with our LAKERS! Keep HOPE ALIVE.............

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Well, the Lakers didn't make it; but I praise God for fathers such as yourself who God has permitted to see the fruit of your labor and diligence in paternal parenthood. My prayer is to one day see my sons graduating from college and with a job, completing freshman year of college, etc. This is such a blessing; be encouraged in all that you do.