Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Little Rant

While I'm in the writing mood, let me vent something else from the fellowship of young Pastors on last night. There is a serious problem, an infectous disease that has infiltrated our churches and stifled the development of many of our ministries. There is a serious lack of gospel preaching that comes from our pulpits today, so much so that even the people who sit in the congregations are so numb to Gospel preaching that when it is presented to them, they don't know how to respond because it is not apart of their steady, consistent diet at their local church.

In this day and age, people want to be pacified, coddled and made to feel good, so much so that it seems that the only churches that are filled these days are filled with people who come to hear a word of prosperity and acceptance of sin, only to leave that service the same way that they came in. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is not designed to make us feel better, but it was given to us as a free gift from the Lord to make us live better.

True biblical preaching needs to be viewed as vital to the growth of the church, but more preachers are concerned with having people in their pews instead of developing disciples in their ministries. As long as they have a packed house, then they feel that their ministry is successful, but I want to suggest that what's the point of having a swollen church and not a saved church.

I have decided that if my attempts at biblical exposition is not enough to grow my church to thousands of people, then I will keep what I have, because I will never compromise the principles of preaching the good news of the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank God that he has blessed me with the ability to preach the Gospel both in season and out of season, when the people wants to hear it or not...when it is popular or not.

If enough of young Pastors and preachers forge through the hard work of exposition, we can preserve what we all know to be true, that exposition of the Gospel of Christ is paramount to the salvation of sinners, for it is only through the Word of God whereby men shall be saved.

No comments: