Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Unity Month

Today our church is beginning an effort designed to bring about a more unified congregation in order for us to fulfill the vision that God has provided for us. This focus of this month is Unity: An Open Door Towards A Brighter Tomorrow, with our key scripture is Ephesians 4:1-4. We are fasting together every Wednesday from 6 to 6, and I am really excited about what I believe to be the genesis of our church becoming a great people.

I truly get excited when God blesses my friends to have great ministries. I was overjoyed when HB Charles Jr. became the new pastor of Shiloh Metropolitan Church in Jacksonville, FL, like it was me getting blessed. I felt the same way when I found out that the congregation that HB moved from in Los Angeles, Mt. Sinai Church, has quickly selected a new leader in George Hurtt, who will do an outstanding job at that branch of Zion. When I look at all of my blogging friends and how awesome their churches and ministries have been blessed by God, I really get excited. I quote HB by saying I am praying that God will bless my friends big and bless them quick, so that when they get blessed they will get out of the line, and that only makes me closer to get what God has for me.

This month of prayer and focusing on the Word for unity, I believe, will catapult our congregation to heights never seen before. I solicit your prayers for us as we venture into unchartered territory towards a brighter tomorrow. Please pray for my strength to stand boldly and be the leader of men that God has called me to be.

8 comments:

Ed Johnson III said...

Great initiative, my friend. I pray that all goes according to God's plan, which I know will be in the best interest of you and the church.

Ed Johnson III said...

...and ultimately for His glory.

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Dr. Mann,

I am praying for your success. I strongly believe your best days are yet ahead. Keep the faith. Stay focused. Keep your eyes on the prize. The fruit of your labor is about to harvest. God Bless!!!!

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

I will meet you and your congregation in prayer and fasting. I know that the Lord will do "abundantly above all that you are able to ask or think." I, as well, rejoice with you about the Lord blessing Pastor Charles, Hurtt and the Sinai and Shiloh church families. Another indication of God's unfailing love, blessing, and favor. Also, an encouragement about His rewarding our faithfulness. Much of what I expect Him to do for all of us who "diligently seek Him."

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

As always I try my best to honor each prayer request. My prayer list is pretty lengthy this month. I will certainly be praying for you and your Unity Month. May the Lord bless the effort real good. Take care.

Mother

Fitts said...

Great post and great vision my brother. God bless you and your ministry.

DeAntwan Fitts

Ronald said...

I pray along with you that God will bless your holy ambition and your prayerful desires. May God be glorified and His kingdom advanced through you and your congregation.

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

I will be joining the entire congregation in prayer for unity and harmony this entire month. I am grateful to see all that the Lord is doing within your fellowship; and pray that you will continue to be encouraged in all that you do. Also, I am praying for you Lance as you share from the Pauline epistle of Ephesians this month; and/or wherever else God's Holy Spirit may lead you.