Friday, October 31, 2008

Word of Encouragment

There has been a great burden on my heart for the last couple of weeks, that really had me concerned during that time. I thought that it was all of the pressure and weight that has been on my shoulders regarding this relocation project for our church. But early this morning the Lord dealt with me concerning this matter. The Lord revealed to me that this heavy burden is not just because of my project, but he brought back to my remembrance all of the other posts by my blogging friends recently that dealt with the problems and stresses that they are dealing with presently as well. And the Apostle Paul says in Romans 12:15 that we all ought to rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep. Since every single word in scripture is accurate in its origin and in is application, this burden on my heart has been to pray for each and every one of us who have been struggling with something in our respective ministries.

So I got up and began to praise God, at first I didn't know why, but as I keep on rejoicing in the presence of God, it became crystal clear, that each of us that are dealing with issues in our ministries, whether it be members who are refusing to follow leadership, members not tithing, buildings that either needs repairs or renovated or relocation projects that you seem to be the only one who is excited or willing to put in the time and effort to make sure that it gets done, or maybe it is deacons or trustees who feel that we should be following them instead of them following the set leader of the house. Whatever it may be, I would that you allow me to give you the words to a song that lifted my spirits early this morning in my time with the Lord. It is the awesome song written and recorded by Donald Lawrence:

some times you have to encourage yourself
some times you have to speak victory during the test
but no matter how you feel
speak the word and you will be healed
speak over yourself, encourage yourself in the Lord

some times you have to speak a word over yourself
depression is all around
but God is a present help
the enemy created walls
but remember giants they do fall
speak over yourself, encourage yourself in the Lord

as I minister to you, I minister to myself
life can hurt you so
til you feel there's nothing left
but no matter how you feel
speak a word and you will be healed
speak over yourself, encourage yourself in the Lord

May the Lord bless you and keep you, may he make his face to shine upon you, may he lift his countenance upon you, may he be gracious to you, that is to give you his divine favor, may he give you his peace, and may this peace be with you until we meet again. Stay encourage people of God, better things are on the way.

8 comments:

Fitts said...

Lance the Mann, did I sure need to see your post today!!! I love visiting your blog, I always walk away encouraged.

I just said a prayer for you and your ministry.

Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Pastor Lance, it is what it is man of God. God is still in control and our prayers for one another will produce much. Continue to listen to what God is telling you and everything else will fall in place, Peace

Keith D. Witherspoon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Clinton Smith said...

God works in mysterious ways! Praise God for His sovereign revelation!

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

Pastor Mann, It is amazing that God will send you what you need just when you need it and you never know where or who its coming from. Bless you sir for blessing me.

Ronald said...

Pastor Lance, you do not know what you mean to me and I am grateful for you and your ministry. Thank you for being lead of the Lord to post this blog.

NLT Philippians 1:6 And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again.

Under Construction,

Ron

Barry B. Severe said...

Lance, What an awesome and powerful revelation. The words by Donald Lawrence ring oh so true. However, I have a question to ask you. You spoke about the burdens, and issues that you have been reading from our fellow bloggers. What would you say about a minister who has been given the burden for pastoring? One who has never desired to pastor, and has been content for 11 years to serve as an executive pastor at my home church. Now I'm caught in the middle of whether to organize or to seek out an established church and spend the next few years trying to build it into the kind of ministry that complements my personality, and exalts God at the same time.

I've been praying, and fasting, but I need a word from someone that I respect in ministry, and whose been where I am now. Brother, please help!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!