Thursday, July 24, 2008

Blogging Is A Blessing!!!

I really wasn't going to write a post today, because I had a busy day of meetings lined up during the day and our District Association is in session this week, and I really wanted to get back to the study on our exposition of the model prayer. However, every day, I go by the blogs of my friends, both old and new, to see what's going on in their lives and ministries on a daily basis. I happened today to go by one of my new friends' blog, Pastor Kraig Pullam, who Pastors the Cornerstone Church, in Houston, TX, and he expressed in his post for today how my posts have been a source of blessing and encouragement during a frustrated time in his life.

His post really caused me to take a pause from my day and truly focus on how much my blogging and the blogs of others have really made this decision to begin writing a blog, one of the best decisions that I have made in a really long time. My inspiration for starting a blog, as many of you know, is Pastor H.B. Charles Jr., Pastor of Mt. Sinai Baptist Church of Los Angeles, and he was and still is a great source of encouragement both through our actual friendship and through the awesome posts that he makes. And it is that kind of encouragement that has really allowed me to completely enjoy this blogging experience.

There are times in the life of a Pastor when struggles and situations and members and things and all of the day to day problems seem to have us trapped into a corner like a wounded dog, and it is at that time that all of us need some help to lift up our bowed down heads. Well, the gifted people who blog and are in my blogging world, have all assisted me to staying on course, not giving up in the middle of the race and finishing what I have started.

I truly believe that we are to use this tool of blogging not just to let the world know what we are thinking and how we are feeling, but it is our duty to help one another deal with the hell that we face in this life, while we are on our way to the next life. Eugene Peterson in his interpretation of the Bible called The Message, says that Jesus tells Peter in Luke 22:31-21:

Simon, stay on your toes. Satan has tried his best to separate all of you from me like a chaff from wheat. Simon, I've prayed for you in particular, that you not give in or give out. When you have come through the time of testing, turn to your companions and give them a fresh start

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Pastor Mann for being a friend, fellow blogger and source of encouragement to Pastor Kraig Pullam. While reading both of your blogs it encourages me. I am also made to feel enthusiastic about a growing friendship between the two of you as fellow Pastors and Men of God. I read your blog along with a few other Pastors and I have grown and gained better insight by doing so. You and Pastor Pullam are very simplistic (at times) and at other times very profound where I have to go to my dictionary and study bible. Thank you for bringing me to a new level of study. I appreciate getting to know you and others through this wonderful world of blogging. I hope Pastor Kraig doesn't mind me mentioning him on your comment page. God Bless.

vlpSongbird

Anonymous said...

Dr. Mann,
Thank you for encouraging to give blogging a try. This is a new experience for me so it will take some getting use to but thanks so
much.

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Lance...where did you get that Simon quote from? Nevertheless, again I was blessed by your blog, as always. Also, thanks for the plug in. You are a gifted Preacher and Pastor. Please know that I am praying for you continually and thank God for your 'blogging' ministry. Also--I really think I'm becoming addicted to blogging. This is great encouragement for me!