Sunday, July 13, 2008

For The Good of Them

In the 1980's the late great Rev. Milton Brunson and the Thompson Community Choir, sang a song that is probably become during this time of transition for me, my favorite song ever, entitled For The Good of Them. This song, while going through this last year of waiting on the bank to release the funds to the Brazilian congregation to purchase our building, really kept me focused on the promises that God made to me over 1 year ago. Please allow me to share some of the words of the song:

The race isn't given, to the swift nor to the strong
but to the one who endureth, until the end
there will be problems, and sometimes you'll walk alone
but I know that I know that I know, things will work out yes they will
for the good of them, for the good of them, that love the Lord

Eyes haven't seen, and neither have ears heard
the things God has prepared for them that love Him
sometimes you may have to cry
sometimes you may have to walk alone, but I know
things will work out yes they will, for the good of them that love the Lord

No matter what the problem, you can't solve them
they will come, but don't you worry
it will work out for the good of them who love the Lord

I pray that anybody who has been waiting and wondering whether or not God will manifest his promises to you. If anybody is wondering when your blessings are on the way. Be encouraged in the words of this song which is also the words of the Apostle Paul in Romans 8:28, which says that all things work together for the good of them that love God, and who are the called according to his purpose.

1 comment:

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Lance, this one right here was specifically for me! I am waiting for some critical and crucial things - that are going on presently with myself and my ministry. I thank you for the encouragement!!! Kraig