Wednesday, September 10, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

Wow, 36 years ago today, in Newark, NJ, a Pastor and an usher, gave birth to a 2 month premature baby boy that they named Lance Antione Mann, at 5lbs 8 oz. That boy was born with a bad case of asthma that resulted in being admitted into the hospital every two weeks for the first two years of his life. The doctors said that his lungs would never become fully developed and that he would probably need oxygen for the better part of his life. But what the doctors failed to take into consideration was that his parents were praying people, who knew that if they called on the Lord, he would answer their prayers.

That sickly child with the bad lungs, has been blessed by the Lord Jesus to become a singer on national stages, as well as a preacher/pastor. It amazes me how the Lord has brought me from where I was, to where I am now, and where I will be in God. I am grateful for these 36 years and I am eagerly awaiting the next level that God has in store for me. God be praised!!!

11 comments:

Clinton Smith said...

Happy B-Day!

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Pastor Lance. I praise the Lord with you for the great testimony you shared. My wish for you today is that God will continue to do marvelous things in your life. There is no doubt you will be ready for the next level. Be blessed.

Mother

H.B. Charles Jr. said...

Happy Birthday, old man!

Ed Johnson III said...

Happy Birthday, my friend. 36 years old. Wow! I agree with H.B., man you are old. :)

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Old Man Huh? That's funny!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Lance.
Keep blowing your horn bro.


Be Encouraged!

Tony R.

Rev.Aaron Holcombe said...

Happy Birthday to you my brother! Isn't it amazing that despite what others think, that He is in control! What a blessing. Be blessed in the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday brother, came upon your blog.God bless

Calvin Gibson

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

Happy B-day Old Dude!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Pastor Mann. God has been good and He has been faithful yet another year. May you have many more birthdays in the future. God bless you.

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

Pastor Mann, I am late with my Birthday Greeting. However, I wanted to say that we rejoice with you about another year of blessing and favor. We continue to pray that your territory is continually expanded and the Kingdom agenda is ever realized in your life.

Kevin