Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Please Pray for my Son!


I just got a call from Orlando, FL, our 13 year-old son Devante, got admitted to the hospital for observations due to him being unable to swallow for the last couple of weeks. They initially thought that he just had a case of tonsillitis, they then felt that it may be an infection of his sinuses. But after a couple of tests, the doctors felt the need to keep him overnight so that they will be able to run a tube down his throat to take pictures of his cavities to see if he may have a scratch or some sort of other infection.

I have a hopeless feeling because our sons live a thousand miles away and in instances like this, it is hard for me to focus much. Please pray for my son, I need the Lord to move in a mighty way so that my boy will be alright. Please blog friends, ask the Lord to calm my nerves and please keep my boy safe. Tonight when you talk to the Master, please call my boys name in prayer. I am anticipating a great praise report on tomorrow.

9 comments:

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

Lance, I can feel your concern and anxiousness. I have been there before many times with all three of my boys. Especially with my asthmatic son who was rushed to emergency many times throughout his childhood not breathing. There is nothing like this kind of fright and helplessness for a parent.

I will NOT fail to call Devante's name in prayer. I promise you I will. I don't have to preach to you about how able God is. You have already experienced His delivering power before. So, you know He is able. Please let us know how he is doing.

Mother

Pastor W.L. Pullam said...

Pastor Mann,I am totally with you.Having three sons myself, I can definitely relate to what you are feeling and going through at this very moment and I know that each passing minute seems like at least an hour. Please know that I am sincerely and fervently meeting you in prayer for your son, Devante. I will call him by name as I pray for him as well as for and with you.God bless you my brother and rest assured that you have many praying friends who are even right now sending up timber on behalf of you, your son and the entire family. Victory in Jesus!

H.B. Charles Jr. said...

You and your family are in my prayers.

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Doc,

Don't worry about anything! Pray about everything! Your son will pull through and you are in my prayers.

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

You and DJ are in my prayers!!

Anonymous said...

Consider it done Lance.

Tony R.

Rev.Aaron Holcombe said...

I am praying for you and your son. God bless you!

Clinton Smith said...

I got you and your son covered with believing prayer.

Rev. F. D. Harris Blog said...

Man even though the test came back good..........he will continue to be in my prayers!