Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mid-Week Notes - 9/17/08

-This week has been a tough week for me. I have been inundated with this relocation project with every aspect of the project from soup to nuts and I never would have imagined that this would so time consuming and stressful. But that is the price that one has to pay in order to do things different for God than what has ever been done before. I have been on conference calls with the architect 3 different times today, just to schedule a date for next week to finalize all of the plans for how the new facility is going to look. I must admit though, I am very excited about this project and the fact that we will be able to shape this new building to look exactly like we want it to look, God be praised!

-I have also been drafted to serve as the Chief of Staff for a former Newark Councilman's campaign to retake the seat which has been vacated by a New Jersey District Court Judge, due to a legal matter regarding the person who took his seat during the last election. I need to be honest, I am just learning the ins and outs of an electoral campaign, so this is taking a little bit of an adjustment for me. I will say that this Presidential Campaign has made me more interested infinitely in the election process, not so that I could possibly run for election (I don't believe Pastors should be elected officials), but so that I can have influence and access when it comes to politicians and their role in our city and for my church. Our city is at a critical state as is other cities. Our new Mayor, has failed to exhibit any intent to make this city better for the residents who are presently here, but rather there are outside forces that desire to have control over the vast resources that the City of Newark possesses. Please keep our city in your prayers.

-Please pray for one of my sisters, Laure Brock, she was diagnosed with Leukemia a couple years ago, which is now in remission, but her doctors recently discovered that she has an aggressive form of breast cancer. The doctors have scheduled surgery for Friday, but they said the cancer has still spread. Our family again is in need of your prayers. These are trying times for the faithful believers of Jesus Christ, please pray our strength in the rich blessings of the Lord.

-Pastor Joe A. Carter of The New Hope Baptist Church, Newark, NJ, lost his older brother Henry yesterday. He still is feeling the lost of his other brother Pastor Ron C. Carter a few years back, and now this happens. Please call his family's name out in prayer as they must have a home going service for Henry on Monday.

-I have to preach at the Metropolitan Baptist Church, Scotch Plains, NJ tonight for their Fall Revival. I have been doing this revival for the last 5 years, and I always look forward to this time of year where I can share with Pastor Clement Griffin and the sweet people of the Metropolitan Church. I am only doing tonight's service, but please pray for the revival as a whole.

7 comments:

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

It is certained that the Lord is with you. For how could you do all these things and get them done unless the Lord be with you.

A project like this can take years off of you. I encourage you to prioritize, eat right, and get ample sleep as the Lord orders your steps in all that you have to accomplish. I expect you to be an obedient son :-)

My Father during his last pastorate, built a church from ground up with many obstacles after the age of 60. One was being a diabetic and had an amputation to the right leg in the middle of the project. With the help of the Lord he saw it through and had a grand dedication service. He really could write a book on the subject. And so will you when you are finished :-)

I will be in prayer for your city and Mayor. I will call the names of your sister and Pastor Carter. There are so many in the need of prayer.

You take care Pastor and my prayers are with you as well.

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Lance, you have a lot of things going on; but God is good! I am certainly praying for Laure, God is more than able; and He is Sovereign. Be encouraged in all that the Lord empowers you to be a part of. I find much strength and encouragement in what you are doing in your pastorate. Being a 'new church' pastor I often find a measure of frustration in not having our own facility. Because of our 'newness', etc. - the day of having persons such as architects, banks, etc. to take a chance on us - seems for farfetched. I can imagine how tiring it must be at times; but I would be telling a story if I said anything other than the fact that I am overjoyed by this move in your ministry; God is up to something great!!! - Kraig

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Pastor Mann,

Be not dismayed whatever betides, God will take care of you. I'm praying for you and have no doubt that God will sustain and strengthen you.

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

When waves of affiction sweep over your soul, and when sunlight is hidden from view, if ever your tempted to fret or complain, just think of His goodness to you.

Though storms over you sweep, He is able to keep. Just think of His goodness to you!

Know that my family and I are prayin for you and yours!!

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

We cover you with fervent effectual prayer. We are confident that it will avail much. God bless you and make sure to pace yourself.

Kevin

Rev.Aaron Holcombe said...

Stay encouraged my brother! God will give you the strength to carry on. I am praying that God will bless you and your ministry. You are certainly an encouragement to me!

Clinton Smith said...

Covering you and the names listed in believing prayer. As you know, I'm well into our project and there's been one verse that's helped me through it all; "Brother, be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing your labor is not in vain in the Lord." - 1 Co 15:58