Monday, November 17, 2008

Fulfilling Our Purpose

Text: Acts 2:5-11

Thesis: The role of God's Church is to provide for this world a glimpse of the greatness of God through the spreading of the Gospel

I. The Gospel Will Attract the World

-verse 6...and when this sound occurred, the multitude came together and were confused because they heard them speak in their own language
-the Gospel will draw this world to a closer look at the awesomeness of Jesus Christ

II. The Gospel Will Amaze the World

-verse 7...and they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, are not these which speak Galileans

III. The Gospel Will Arrest the World

-verses 9-11, list all of the different people who were represented
-this lets us know that the Gospel can and will reach anybody no matter how far away from God they are

8 comments:

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

My my my Revun!! Great Outline!

Fitts said...

I am a member of the Lance A. Mann fan club and I am on the waiting list to attend the Lance A. Mann (L.A.M) school of Expository Preaching!

Great outline preacher!!!

DeAntwan

Arthur Lane said...

Great outline Lance, Keep on preaching-preacher. I look forward to hearing you in person. Take care my friend.

Greg C said...

Great post. I am still searching for my purpose even though I no spring chicken. I know what God wants me to do I am just still trying to figure out the method he wants me to use.
Isn't it amazing that on a Blog you can reach out and tell others the word of God. Thanks for the lesson.

Ronald said...

MY my my, what great outline you have there Revun!

Humbled by you,
Ron

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

I am grateful for "my" arrest of the gospel of Jesus Christ. All praises are due Him. Thank you Pastor for this post.

Pastor Lance, it looks as though we will be close to your neck of the woods the week of January 20th. We have made arrangements to attend the inauguration. Our inauguration tickets are pending. Nevertheless, we still plan to be there regardless. It is my desire and wish that my husband and I meet "my" first blogological son (you). Our son Kevin and his wife will also be with us. After the holidays maybe some plans can be made. I hope so. I don't know how far McGhee and Spoon are from you but the more the merrier. We will be staying in Philadelphia. Take care.

Mother

Clinton Smith said...

You never cease to amaze me! Great work

Shanita Waters said...

Amen... this makes me wonder about churches that have prime real estate, emmaculate buildings and have been around for years yet no growth.... hmmm...

thanks for posting!