Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Penny!!!






Today we celebrate my wonderful wife Penny's birthday. I am appreciative of the fact that the Lord sent this woman to me. I am very grateful for the fact that she is the First Lady of the First Mount Zion Baptist Church, the mother of two outstanding sons, Tory and Tony, the step-mother of two great sons, Marquis and Devante, she is the Christian Education Director and Deaconness of our church. But most of all, she makes me look good every time she walks out the house, and with many Pastors struggling to find a help-meet to truly be an asset to their lives and to their ministries, I am blessed to have her taking this journey called ministry and life, day by day and step by step along with me.

We just returned from a well-needed vacation in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl and I must say that it was the best vacation that we have ever been on since our honeymoon. We ate at some of the best places, we shopped in the Miami Fashion District, and we enjoyed all of the sights on South Beach in Miami, which was an event all by itself. I can't wait to go on our next vacation together. I truly believe that husbands and wives need to recreate by themselves in order to maintain a healthy marriage. God be praised for keeping us together in marriage and in ministry.

2 comments:

Clinton Smith said...

Pastor, thank you and Pastor Witherspoon for reminding me of the need for rest and relaxation. I plan do something about this real soon. Thanks, Doc!

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Simply Awesome!!!!!