Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday Stuff

-I am home from my vacation with my wife and I am totally energized to get back in the game. There are times when as a Pastor, we need to refresh ourselves by completely getting away from the daily duties and struggles and headaches, that being a Pastor entails, and find a hideaway so that our batteries can be recharged. I have discovered that if you don't take your car in for a tune up, your car will give out on you. The same goes for the body, mind and spirit of a Pastor, if we don't take the time to recharge ourselves and get a tune up, we will be of no good to our ministries.

-Lord's willing, I will continue our series on the model prayer that Jesus taught his disciples and us in Matthew 6, with our look at verse 12 which states, forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. One of the things that have seemingly gripped the body of Christ is our unwillingness to forgive others, yet we desire great forgiveness from the Lord for all of the bad stuff that we have done against the Word, Will and Ways of God. I believe that the church of Jesus Christ will be better and be more effective if we learn how to forgive others in the same manner that God has always forgiven us. If we can learn to adopt that concept of Godly forgiveness even with our finite minds and sinfulness of our hearts, then we can go a long way to advance the Kingdom of our God. I am excited to study this lesson, because there are some people in my life that I really need to forgive for how they have treated me, and I have been holding on to some of that stuff far too long and all it's doing is giving them more power over my emotions than they should have. So I have received this lesson from the Holy Writ in order that I can liberate myself from the bondage of unforgiveness. God Be Praised!!

-Let's please keep the family of Bernie Mac in our prayers as they have to deal with the untimely death of one of the great comedic actors of our day.

4 comments:

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Doc,

Hit a homerun tomorrow. Thank God for the power of forgiveness (vertical and horizontal). I'm praying for you.

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

Pastor,
I am confident that the Lord will use you in a mighty and marvelous way on tomorrow. I pray your strength and sustaining in Him.

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

I am praying for you today my friend. I knokw that the Lord will use you to stand and proclaim His Word. To GOD be the glory!

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

Preach for the Master, Mann!!!