Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Project Update!!!

I received some exciting news over the last 7 days that I am elated about. We have identified a new location for our ministry and this past week we made what I feel was an aggressive offer for the building, and on Friday the owners accepted the offer. God Be Praised! This building, located in a suburb of Newark, is not a traditional building as it was previously used as a warehouse, however, the thing that I absolutely love about this building is that on the outside, we literally would not have to do any work. All of our renovation work must be done on the inside.

Today, I interviewed two attorneys, one to be our general counsel, and the other to be our land use attorney that has a history of appearing before the town's Board of Adjustments and getting churches change of use variances. I am extremely happy with the skill set of both attorneys and we will probably hire both of them.

I am eagerly awaiting the cost proposal from our architech, as it is that proposal and subsequent rendering of our vision for the location, that will determine how much money the entire project is going to cost us. Our next step with him is to sit down and literally map out each and every detail of how the building is going to look in my mind and he will ascertain whether or not we have the adequate space for what I want.

Please pray for our church and this project as we attempt to "Build God a City", where we can proclaim the Word for his glory, protect the weak from his judgment and prepare the world for his return. Please pray that we are able to pay for both the location and all of the renovations, in order that we can have a facility that permeates both worship and work within this new community. Most of all, please pray that we are able to get a change of use variance from that city within an adequate time frame. To God Be The Glory!!!

10 comments:

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

You are in my prayers! I know that all of your hard work will not be in vain! Keep up the good work!

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

I am praying for all that you have asked. For your physical endurance, strength, insight and guidance throughout the entire project. God is going to work all this out for you and your congregation's best good. Stay the course.

Mother

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

God is awesome... Just when I, as a Pastor and servant myself, begins to feel a little uneasy about ministry... God allows me to see and witness the continued advancement of His kindgom and church. I am excited and genuinely rejoice with you and the congregation over this latest development and victory. God will work it all out. (You're right mama...) I will be looking forward to hearing the updates of your progress. Maybe the Lord will allow my family (parents, brother, and all) to be present when you walk into the NEW worship and work tool that God is forming and fashioning even now. I would love to be able to share in this victorious moment and shout in the new place with you and yours. God be praised. Our fervent effectual prayers are with you.

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Thank all of you for your kind words, encouragement but most of all your prayers. Kevin, I would like nothing more than for your family (Mother, Father, Kraig and yourself) to come and share with us. Spoon will already be there. Be Blessed.

Lance

Clinton Smith said...

God is Good!!! The pains before all pays off in the end. I will be praying for you, your ministry, the church, bankers, contractors, attorneys, workers, volunteers, city officials, and all involved for speedy and calm process. Keep your head up!

Ed Johnson III said...

Congratulations, my brother. I am thankful to God that He has provided this building for His church. I pray that this will help to multiply the church's influence in the communities there and around the world. I did have one question for you. You mentioned that you were going to meet with the architect so that he has an understanding of how you want the building to look.

Are you planning on inviting some of your key leaders to that meeting to give their input, or, at the very least, to sit with you so that you can hear their ideas about the building design (or at least certain parts of it)?

Ed Johnson III said...

That's awesome, my friend. The only reason I asked is because I have heard of pastors heavily influencing the building design and when things were completed they realized that certain parts of it could have been designed better if they would have brought someone (or some people) in who had an eye for this type of thing. I just didn't want that to happen to you. So I am glad to hear that. Take care and Godspeed in your renovation efforts.

Unknown said...

Trust God and just do it. He will honor your footsteps.