Friday, August 1, 2008

Spending The Week With My Boys




This past week, I had the most wonderful time traveling down to Orlando, Florida to spend 4 fun days with my teenage sons Marquis and D.J. They usually come up here to New Jersey to spend the summer with their Dad and Step-mother, but this year they had stuff to complete at home, so I decided to travel down their to get them ready to start school in a couple of weeks. I was really not prepared for their energy and desire to go any and everywhere they could. They wore me out completely.

Please keep my sons in your prayers as they are at the point in their lives when they are susceptible to being led astray by their peers to going away from the will of the Lord. I am grateful that they know the Lord Jesus as their savior, so please pray that they stay on the right path. And pray for me as I have to deal with my sons not living with me.

5 comments:

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Dr. Mann,

Glad to have you back. You are a great father and I'm sure you gave your sons a time they will forever cherish. Thanks for sharing the pictures. God bless you my brother.

Pastor Kevin Lanier Pullam said...

Wow... What a blessing to see against the backdrop of so many fathers that are forever falling short. The time spent and shared with them will always be "priceless."

God Bless

Keith D. Witherspoon said...

Doc those boys are groing up to be handsome young men, and I can tell that DJ got his daddy's spirit!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lance, yep, they are definetly yours. You are written all over them.

Thanks for posting the pictures.


Tony R.

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Lance, I tell you, it is so refreshing to see you with your sons. You are doing a great job with them, keep up the good work. They will forever cherish the presence you have in their lives. I agree with what everyone has said - you are imprinted upon them. Praise God they are the reflection of a good, Godly man.